Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What would you do if your son was at home...

I find it ironic that we can support gay suicides and not Haitian slave children.  Strange.  I feel awful that the four gay kids would commit suicide.  But at least they have parents.  At least they live in America.  At least they go to school!
When I was bullied, my mom let me know that she care.  She got involved in my life; she got involved in the school. 
These kids don't have parents.  At all.  I find kids who commit suicide pathetic and unthankful.  I think you reach that point by consistently focusing on the negative, pushing yourself into depression.  Perhaps some kids don't have any positive in their lives.  But compared to slave children, I think you could find quite a few things.
So we can focus our energy on purple and social justice in the most general manner...but do very little about life and death matters?  Ridiculous.
My heart has been moved time and time again.  I will be adopting.  From a third world country.  My children will be loved and cared for.  They will know life.  And I will be a part of the change for what really matters.
I'm done fooling around.
How can I heal the hurt?

No comments:

Post a Comment